April 25, 2010

Lisp Machine demonstration...

I only now realized that besides the interesting talks and presentations to be given at this year's European Lisp Symposium, there will also be a demonstration of a TI Explorer Lisp Machine. That's pretty cool - I have never seen a Lisp Machine in action, but always wanted to see one, so this will be my first time. Looking forward to that. :)


There will also be presentations by Kent Pitman and Matthias Felleisen whose abstracts sound pretty interesting, and I will try to give an overview of parallel programming in Common Lisp at the symposium as well. Still have to work on the slides for that one...

3 comments:

Luís said...

The TI Explorer II that'll be demoed at ELS 2010 belongs to my employer and it's currently parked next to my desk. I've had the chance to play with it a tiny bit, which was a lot of fun. :-)

David said...

Hi Pascal, I could send you a slide or two on the multi-threading interface provided through ACL2 if you like. I'm actually in the middle of updating the interface.

In case you're curious, I found your blog with a google alert on "parallel lisp"

Pascal Costanza said...

David,

Yes, I would be interested in those slides.